Friday, April 15, 2011

Assemblyman Jerry Green: Out for Campaign Blood?


In a less than tepid defense of his had picked candidate and of his own accomplishments, Assembly Gerald (aka Jerry) Green open the 2011 Primary Season. Here are excerpts from Chairman Green’s blog post of April 12th in quotes with my comments:

‘…so I find it very odd that from the beginning; they have a problem with me supporting Tony Rucker as the candidate for this year’s Primary race…‘

Jerry, So Tony Rucker is your hand-picked candidate?

‘…Now that I am using the same process, in every comment in which she (Council Woman Williams) references the City Committee, she wants to make me sound like a dictator. I guess in her mind, the rules change when they are convenient to her…’

Then you don’t mind the public seeing the video of your behavior at the meeting before last?

‘…So I feel that it is very unfair to be critical of Tony Rucker, because I feel he is the best candidate for the second ward….’

Critical judgment is crucial in deciding if Tony Rucker is qualified to serve as a council person or should we take your word for it?

‘…He made it very clear to me that he will not be a rubber stamper, and that he is running to make life better for ALL of the residents of Plainfield, including the second ward. He made no promises to me, and I made no promises to him…’

So did the 3 council members you claim to have in your pocket.

‘…I knew I was making the right decision by supporting a new face, a person with new ideas, and a person who wants the best for the City of Plainfield….’ 

What ideas?

‘…Already, some of the negative comments that have been said lead me into the next issue in which I would like to bring clarification. Number one, when I mention the Prosecutor, I have taken to him numerous letters and blog comments that I felt had crossed the line, and some have been investigated, but none of them crossed the line…’

What about your ad hominen attacks on citizens of Plainfield?


‘…Already, I see council members spending more time talking about investigation. Whether it is the $20,000 the Mayor spent, or other issues I feel are minor when compared to this year’s budget…’

You do agree that Plainfield has a right to know if someone broke the law?

‘So I would like the City of Plainfield to wake up today and hold their elected officials accountable to the millions of dollars the City will lose in this year’s budget. ‘

Does that include Jerry Green who bills himself as the 3rd most powerful man in Trenton?

‘Just recently, we lost millions of dollars in education funding, and are on the brink of losing millions in transportation funding…’

Dude, my man, you Jerry Green cast the deciding vote to end Abbot funding and assured the people of Plainfield that it would have no impact. Aren’t you being just a little hypocritical?

Chairman Green the people of Plainfield are not stupid. Times have changed when will you?

5 comments:

True American Patriot said...

I see that they have the same name, is Chairman Green related to Chairman Mao?

Rob said...

Actually Nat...the people in Plainfield are stupid. Sorry to bust that myth. I don't believe it excuses half of what Jerry Green does, but he does what he does, because he knows he doesn't have to worry about the Plainfield Democrats voting him back in wholeheartedly.
They may complain, they may moan, they may groan..but they won't vote for anyone else in a primary and they most certainly won't vote someone from another party...The perfect full time lifetime job.
Collect your paycheck and not be held accountable for anything.
Jerry Green is no fool for taking advantage of a plum situation staring him in the face.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog redesign, Nat!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I have never heard Jerry Green claim he had three council members "in his pocket." That claim comes from some bloggers and commenters in the city, not from the Assemblyman. Also he has never claimed to be the "third most powerful person in Trenton." He is the third most powerful person in the Assembly but that's a very different story. And you seem to forget that it was Jerry Green who got Plainfield back on the Abbott schools list after Christie Whitman took us off. I know, Dan and some others like to claim it was Donny DeFrancisco, but all he did was sign the bill which Jerry Green sponsored.

Nat Singleton said...

Anon 4/18/2011, 12:17 PM
Just because you, whoever you are, never heard Jerry say it, doesn’t mean he did not say that he has ‘three council people in his pocket.’ Ask Jerry to deny he said it.
Whether Jerry sponsored the bill or not is irrelevant, it was Gov. DeFancisco made sure that Plainfield was added as one of the Abbott Districts. Moreover, Jerry provided the key vote ending the Abbott District. Ask him to deny it.